Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon June 24, 2013
TN Board of Education Passes New Teacher Salary Plan
The Tennessee state Board of Education has passed a proposal that will change how teachers are paid. The measure changes the minimum teacher salary schedule, reduces steps in salary increases from 21 to four and eliminates incentives for doctorate degrees and post-master's training.
The State Board of Education gave its approval in a 6-3 vote Friday after listening to supporters and opponents argue over the matter for two hours. State officials say the proposed schedule provides school districts with more latitude to create compensation plans that meet their local needs. Teachers say the move is disrespectful and will cost them money.