Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
Tue April 7, 2009
TN Abortion Bill Advances
By Austin Carter
Nashville, TN – A proposal that would impose greater limits on abortion is advancing in the Tennessee House of Representatives. The resolution passed the House Health and Human Resources Committee Tuesday and its companion bill was approved in the Senate last month. The legislation seeks to overturn a state Supreme Court ruling from 2000 that says abortion rights are protected by the state constitution. An amendment to the measure failed that would have allowed for abortions in cases of rape, incest and the health of the woman.