Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue April 7, 2009
TN Abortion Bill Advances
By Austin Carter
Nashville, TN – A proposal that would impose greater limits on abortion is advancing in the Tennessee House of Representatives. The resolution passed the House Health and Human Resources Committee Tuesday and its companion bill was approved in the Senate last month. The legislation seeks to overturn a state Supreme Court ruling from 2000 that says abortion rights are protected by the state constitution. An amendment to the measure failed that would have allowed for abortions in cases of rape, incest and the health of the woman.