Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu May 2, 2013
TN 2nd Bike Friendliest State In Southeast
Tennessee has been recognized as the second bike friendliest state in the Southeast. That's according to the League of American Bicyclists that recently released its latest Bicycle Friendly States ranking. Tennessee placed 17th nationally this year, up from last year's ranking of 26.
Transportation Department Commissioner John Schroer says the network of bike lanes across the state is growing and he plans to continue dedicating funding for programs such as Safe Routes to School. As for other states in he region, Illinois ranks 9th in the nation for Bycycle friendliness, while Kentucky ranks 47th.