Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Thu May 2, 2013
TN 2nd Bike Friendliest State In Southeast
Tennessee has been recognized as the second bike friendliest state in the Southeast. That's according to the League of American Bicyclists that recently released its latest Bicycle Friendly States ranking. Tennessee placed 17th nationally this year, up from last year's ranking of 26.
Transportation Department Commissioner John Schroer says the network of bike lanes across the state is growing and he plans to continue dedicating funding for programs such as Safe Routes to School. As for other states in he region, Illinois ranks 9th in the nation for Bycycle friendliness, while Kentucky ranks 47th.