Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu May 2, 2013
TN 2nd Bike Friendliest State In Southeast
Tennessee has been recognized as the second bike friendliest state in the Southeast. That's according to the League of American Bicyclists that recently released its latest Bicycle Friendly States ranking. Tennessee placed 17th nationally this year, up from last year's ranking of 26.
Transportation Department Commissioner John Schroer says the network of bike lanes across the state is growing and he plans to continue dedicating funding for programs such as Safe Routes to School. As for other states in he region, Illinois ranks 9th in the nation for Bycycle friendliness, while Kentucky ranks 47th.