Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 16, 2014
Titans' George Wilson Comes Home to Paducah for Sports Fest
Young athletes gathered for the annual George Wilson Sports Fest Saturday for a chance to train with Tennessee Titans safety and Paducah native George Wilson.
Wilson and 4 of his teammates, Khalid Wooten, Hakeem Smith, Winston Wright and Ri’Shard Anderson, are working to get kids out of their homes and away from computers.
“We’re out here to help combat the child obesity epidemic and try to bring more awareness to the cause,” Wilson said. "To get them outside to interact with kids their age, have a good time, and meet some of my teammates as well as myself.”
Wilson wants to give the young NFL players the opportunity to interact with kids and get their minds off training. The children were excited to play with the players and discover they are regular people like them, he said.
According to Wilson, team sports teach youth about themselves and give them life lessons that can be used throughout a career.