Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon June 16, 2014
Titans' George Wilson Comes Home to Paducah for Sports Fest
Young athletes gathered for the annual George Wilson Sports Fest Saturday for a chance to train with Tennessee Titans safety and Paducah native George Wilson.
Wilson and 4 of his teammates, Khalid Wooten, Hakeem Smith, Winston Wright and Ri’Shard Anderson, are working to get kids out of their homes and away from computers.
“We’re out here to help combat the child obesity epidemic and try to bring more awareness to the cause,” Wilson said. "To get them outside to interact with kids their age, have a good time, and meet some of my teammates as well as myself.”
Wilson wants to give the young NFL players the opportunity to interact with kids and get their minds off training. The children were excited to play with the players and discover they are regular people like them, he said.
According to Wilson, team sports teach youth about themselves and give them life lessons that can be used throughout a career.