Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon October 8, 2012
Three Regional Schools Get or Renew Accreditation
Three area school systems have achieved voluntary school accreditation. Graves County Schools and Marshall County Schools have first-time accreditation from the AdvancED/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). McCracken County Schools renewed its accreditation.
Kentucky schools do not have to seek accreditation, but some districts choose to seek it to test their education quality. The approval process includes a self-evaluation and a peer educator site visit. Schools can renew their accreditation every five years.