Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Nearly a Year After Kentucky Legislature's OK, Cannabidiol is Still Unavailable
Fri May 31, 2013
Three Die in Murray Accidents on US 641
Three people died in two separate car accidents on US 641 south of Murray this morning.
The Kentucky State Police say a 6 a.m. accident first claimed the life of 38-year-old Bobby Alexander of Camden, Tennessee. Police say Alexander crossed over the center lane hitting another vehicle driving southbound about a mile south of Murray. Alexander was pronounced dead on the scene.
Jennifer Thompson of New Concord and Kyle Robertson of Murray were in the other vehicle and were taken to the Murray Calloway County Hospital for injuries.
A second fatality crash happened approximately three hours later in the same area killing 59-year-old Melanie Stockham of Murray and 61-year-old Perry Adams of Kirksey.
Adams’ daughter Ali Adams was driving a Dodge Caliber when she hydroplaned and struck Stockham’s pickup truck head on.
A Calloway County coroner pronounced Stockham dead on the scene. Both Adamses were taken to Murray Calloway County Hospital where Perry was pronounced dead. Ali Adams has been transferred to Vanderbuilt Medical Center in Nashville.