Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue July 9, 2013
THP cites 14 percent traffic fatality decline
The Tennessee Highway Patrol says traffic fatalities on state roadways have declined nearly 14 percent for the first six months of 2013, compared with the same period last year. THP Colonel Tracy Trott says 436 people died in traffic crashes from January 1st through June 30th.
He says that's 70 fewer than during the same dates in 2012. Trott also notes an over 10 and a half percent decline in alcohol-related crashes.