Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue July 9, 2013
THP cites 14 percent traffic fatality decline
The Tennessee Highway Patrol says traffic fatalities on state roadways have declined nearly 14 percent for the first six months of 2013, compared with the same period last year. THP Colonel Tracy Trott says 436 people died in traffic crashes from January 1st through June 30th.
He says that's 70 fewer than during the same dates in 2012. Trott also notes an over 10 and a half percent decline in alcohol-related crashes.