Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 1, 2014
Thousands Apply for Tornado Recovery Assistance in Ill.
Illinois officials say more than 2,000 people have applied for federal assistance following November tornadoes that prompted disaster declaration in their counties.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s office says the government has approved more than $1.6 million in federal grants and more than $5.6 million in low-interest loans.
Brookport was hit hard by one of the roughly two dozen tornadoes that killed three people and damaged or destroyed dozens of homes.