Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- Fmr. Maker's Mark CEO: "This Is the First Time That We’ve Had Our Enemies Not Trying to Kill Us"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
Wed January 1, 2014
Thousands Apply for Tornado Recovery Assistance in Ill.
Illinois officials say more than 2,000 people have applied for federal assistance following November tornadoes that prompted disaster declaration in their counties.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s office says the government has approved more than $1.6 million in federal grants and more than $5.6 million in low-interest loans.
Brookport was hit hard by one of the roughly two dozen tornadoes that killed three people and damaged or destroyed dozens of homes.