Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed January 1, 2014
Thousands Apply for Tornado Recovery Assistance in Ill.
Illinois officials say more than 2,000 people have applied for federal assistance following November tornadoes that prompted disaster declaration in their counties.
Gov. Pat Quinn’s office says the government has approved more than $1.6 million in federal grants and more than $5.6 million in low-interest loans.
Brookport was hit hard by one of the roughly two dozen tornadoes that killed three people and damaged or destroyed dozens of homes.