Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu May 3, 2012
There's a Snake in our Substation
A snake was the cause of a power outage affecting Murray and parts of Calloway County this morning. Murray Electric Systems General Manager Tony Thompson says the 6 foot long serpent got into a substation, which tripped a relay to prevent any damage to the system. Thompson says MES customers were without service for around half an hour. The relay trip transferred to the TVA system as well, shutting off a West Kentucky Rural Electric substation. Thompson says there was no serious damage, and there shouldn't be any further interruption stemming from this incident.