Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Thu May 3, 2012
There's a Snake in our Substation
A snake was the cause of a power outage affecting Murray and parts of Calloway County this morning. Murray Electric Systems General Manager Tony Thompson says the 6 foot long serpent got into a substation, which tripped a relay to prevent any damage to the system. Thompson says MES customers were without service for around half an hour. The relay trip transferred to the TVA system as well, shutting off a West Kentucky Rural Electric substation. Thompson says there was no serious damage, and there shouldn't be any further interruption stemming from this incident.