Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri May 18, 2012
Tennessee's Jobless Rate Continues to Fall
Tennessee's unemployment rate dropped slightly in April, marking the ninth straight month of decrease. The rate dropped a tenth of a percent from March to7.8, the lowest it's been since November 2008. Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Karla Davis says the decrease in the jobless rate is largely caused by fewer people seeking work. The national unemployment rate was 8.1 percent in April, also a tenth of a percent lower than the previous month.