Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri May 18, 2012
Tennessee's Jobless Rate Continues to Fall
Tennessee's unemployment rate dropped slightly in April, marking the ninth straight month of decrease. The rate dropped a tenth of a percent from March to7.8, the lowest it's been since November 2008. Labor and Workforce Development Commissioner Karla Davis says the decrease in the jobless rate is largely caused by fewer people seeking work. The national unemployment rate was 8.1 percent in April, also a tenth of a percent lower than the previous month.