Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 19, 2008
Tennessee Unemployment Rate Drops Slightly
By Jacque Day
Tennessee – Tennessee's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has dropped slightly but steadily over the last few months, from 7.2 percent in September, to 7.0 percent in October to 6.9 percent in November. The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development reports, about 210,000 Tennesseans were unemployed in November, a decrease of about 2,000 people from the previous month.