Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Fri December 19, 2008
Tennessee Unemployment Rate Drops Slightly
By Jacque Day
Tennessee – Tennessee's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate has dropped slightly but steadily over the last few months, from 7.2 percent in September, to 7.0 percent in October to 6.9 percent in November. The state Department of Labor and Workforce Development reports, about 210,000 Tennesseans were unemployed in November, a decrease of about 2,000 people from the previous month.