Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon August 27, 2012
Tennessee Unemployment Claimants Must Keep Logs
Beginning September 1st, anyone claiming Tennessee unemployment benefits will have to show they’re actively looking for work, including keeping a work search log. According to state Department of Labor and Workforce Development, claimants will be required to conduct three work searches each week. A list of valid work search activity is available on the department's website or at the nearest Tennessee Career Center. Labor and Workforce Development officials will conduct random audits of a thousand claimants' work search documentation each week to verify activity. If work search claims are found to be fraudulent, the department will stop benefits immediately and can suspend payments for eight weeks. Notices will be mailed next week about the new requirements.