Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed June 27, 2012
Tennessee Test Scores Up
Proficiency levels are up in all but one of Tennessee’s latest elementary and middle school student assessments. Governor Bill Haslam credits the state’s recent emphasis on improving education standards.
On the whole, about half of the students are at grade level or above in reading and math, while 60 percent are proficient in science. That means about 55,000 more students are proficient in reading and 38,000 more in science than two years ago.