Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed June 27, 2012
Tennessee Test Scores Up
Proficiency levels are up in all but one of Tennessee’s latest elementary and middle school student assessments. Governor Bill Haslam credits the state’s recent emphasis on improving education standards.
On the whole, about half of the students are at grade level or above in reading and math, while 60 percent are proficient in science. That means about 55,000 more students are proficient in reading and 38,000 more in science than two years ago.