Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 2, 2012
Tennessee Teacher Licensing Revisions
The Tennessee Department of Education is revising its teacher licensing standards. Education board representatives and review teams of teachers will announce details later today in Nashville. The department said revisions made will be in partnership with the state board, the Educational Testing Service and review teams consisting of teachers, district administrators and higher education faculty. The department said it recognizes the need to set rigorous expectations for teacher preparation and licensing.