Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu August 2, 2012
Tennessee Teacher Licensing Revisions
The Tennessee Department of Education is revising its teacher licensing standards. Education board representatives and review teams of teachers will announce details later today in Nashville. The department said revisions made will be in partnership with the state board, the Educational Testing Service and review teams consisting of teachers, district administrators and higher education faculty. The department said it recognizes the need to set rigorous expectations for teacher preparation and licensing.