Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri August 3, 2012
Tennessee Tax-Free Weekend
Tennesseans doing back-to-school shopping have the opportunity to stretch their dollars during this weekend’s annual sales tax holiday. It started at 12:01 this morning and ends at one minute before midnight Sunday. Sales tax-exempt merchandise includes computers, clothing and an array of school supplies. The Tennessee Department of Revenue’s website has details for merchants and shoppers on exactly what items are tax-free.