Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri August 3, 2012
Tennessee Tax-Free Weekend
Tennesseans doing back-to-school shopping have the opportunity to stretch their dollars during this weekend’s annual sales tax holiday. It started at 12:01 this morning and ends at one minute before midnight Sunday. Sales tax-exempt merchandise includes computers, clothing and an array of school supplies. The Tennessee Department of Revenue’s website has details for merchants and shoppers on exactly what items are tax-free.