Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri August 3, 2012
Tennessee Tax-Free Weekend
Tennesseans doing back-to-school shopping have the opportunity to stretch their dollars during this weekend’s annual sales tax holiday. It started at 12:01 this morning and ends at one minute before midnight Sunday. Sales tax-exempt merchandise includes computers, clothing and an array of school supplies. The Tennessee Department of Revenue’s website has details for merchants and shoppers on exactly what items are tax-free.