Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri August 3, 2012
Tennessee Tax-Free Weekend
Tennesseans doing back-to-school shopping have the opportunity to stretch their dollars during this weekend’s annual sales tax holiday. It started at 12:01 this morning and ends at one minute before midnight Sunday. Sales tax-exempt merchandise includes computers, clothing and an array of school supplies. The Tennessee Department of Revenue’s website has details for merchants and shoppers on exactly what items are tax-free.