Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Wed May 9, 2012
Tennessee State Revenue More than Budgeted
Tennessee has collected $190 million dollars more than budgeted so far this fiscal year. Finance and administration officials say April collections were 9.6 percent over those in April a year ago. Sales tax collections for April recorded their 25th straight month of growth.
And general fund collections beat projections by $400 million dollars for the year. The revised 2011-2012 budget assumes an over collection of $210 million dollars for the year.