Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Wed May 9, 2012
Tennessee State Revenue More than Budgeted
Tennessee has collected $190 million dollars more than budgeted so far this fiscal year. Finance and administration officials say April collections were 9.6 percent over those in April a year ago. Sales tax collections for April recorded their 25th straight month of growth.
And general fund collections beat projections by $400 million dollars for the year. The revised 2011-2012 budget assumes an over collection of $210 million dollars for the year.