Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed May 9, 2012
Tennessee State Revenue More than Budgeted
Tennessee has collected $190 million dollars more than budgeted so far this fiscal year. Finance and administration officials say April collections were 9.6 percent over those in April a year ago. Sales tax collections for April recorded their 25th straight month of growth.
And general fund collections beat projections by $400 million dollars for the year. The revised 2011-2012 budget assumes an over collection of $210 million dollars for the year.