Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed May 9, 2012
Tennessee State Revenue More than Budgeted
Tennessee has collected $190 million dollars more than budgeted so far this fiscal year. Finance and administration officials say April collections were 9.6 percent over those in April a year ago. Sales tax collections for April recorded their 25th straight month of growth.
And general fund collections beat projections by $400 million dollars for the year. The revised 2011-2012 budget assumes an over collection of $210 million dollars for the year.