Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri May 3, 2013
Tennessee Prosecuter's Son is 1 of 4 in Home Invasion Charges
Clarksville police have arrested four suspects, including a state prosecutor's adult son, in a home invasion robbery. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports John Wesley Carney III was booked into the Montgomery County Jail Friday, charged with robbery and kidnapping.
He is the son of 19th Judicial District Attorney General John Wesley Carney Jr. The 27-year-old Carney is the final of four men arrested in a Thursday afternoon robbery that caused the temporary lockdown of an elementary school. Clarksville police say four men forced their way into the victim's apartment, bound him with duck tape and threatened him with a knife over money and weapons. Authorities say the victim complied out of fear for himself and his two young children.