Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Fri August 3, 2012
Tennessee Primary Winners
Six congressional incumbents defeated their challengers in Tennessee's primary election. Republican Representatives Chuck Fleischmann and Diane Black won their races, following some of the state's toughest campaigns. The other winners were Republican Representatives Jimmy Duncan in the 2nd District, Stephen Fincher and Timothy Dixon in the 8th District and Scott DesJarla is in the 4th District. Democratic Representative Steve Cohen prevailed in the 9th District. In state house races for the 75th district, the uncontested Republican Tim Wirgau and Steve Wright took their parties' nominations. GOP member John Stevens won his party's nomination for the Senate's 24th district and will face Democrat Brad Thompson in the general election.