Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed May 16, 2012
Tennessee Parents Can Opt Kids Out of Extracurricular Activites
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed a measure allowing parents to opt their children out of extracurricular school activities.
Under the legislation, schools would notify parents about the activities by way of student handbooks or policy guidebooks. Sponsors say parents who don't want their children to participate in a certain activity can send a note to the school. The legislation unanimously passed the Senate and was approved 75-14 in the House.