Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Wed May 16, 2012
Tennessee Parents Can Opt Kids Out of Extracurricular Activites
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam has signed a measure allowing parents to opt their children out of extracurricular school activities.
Under the legislation, schools would notify parents about the activities by way of student handbooks or policy guidebooks. Sponsors say parents who don't want their children to participate in a certain activity can send a note to the school. The legislation unanimously passed the Senate and was approved 75-14 in the House.