Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri October 18, 2013
Tennessee Officials Take Steps to Curb Traffic Deaths
Tennessee transportation officials are using message boards across the state to try to curb the number of traffic fatalities.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation says as of Oct. 17, 800 people have died on state roadways this year. That's a similar number of fatalities for the same time period last year.
TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says the daily traffic fatality figure will be compared with the number of fatalities from the same date in 2012 on the department’s massage boards. Shroer says he hopes the figure prompt drivers to make better decisions.