Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 18, 2013
Tennessee Officials Take Steps to Curb Traffic Deaths
Tennessee transportation officials are using message boards across the state to try to curb the number of traffic fatalities.
The Tennessee Department of Transportation says as of Oct. 17, 800 people have died on state roadways this year. That's a similar number of fatalities for the same time period last year.
TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says the daily traffic fatality figure will be compared with the number of fatalities from the same date in 2012 on the department’s massage boards. Shroer says he hopes the figure prompt drivers to make better decisions.