Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue July 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets Another Record
Tennessee lottery officials say they’ve set another record with more than $323 million raised this year for state education programs.
That’s a 10.2% increase over last year's then-record of $293.4 million. This year marks the eighth consecutive record-setting year. According to data from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation more than 600,000 scholarships have been awarded to in-state education institutions since the lottery's inception in 2004.