Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue July 17, 2012
Tennessee Lottery Sets Another Record
Tennessee lottery officials say they’ve set another record with more than $323 million raised this year for state education programs.
That’s a 10.2% increase over last year's then-record of $293.4 million. This year marks the eighth consecutive record-setting year. According to data from the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation more than 600,000 scholarships have been awarded to in-state education institutions since the lottery's inception in 2004.