Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Mon April 30, 2012
Tennessee Lawmakers Trying to Finish Up
With Tennessee lawmakers on the verge of adjourning several weeks earlier than usual, end-of-session wrangling is as intense as ever. Budget disagreements between the two chambers led to the first conference committee on the spending plan since the acrimonious debate over the income tax more than a decade ago. And several contentious measures, including the guns-in-parking-lots bill, could still crop up before the Assembly concludes its business. The Knoxville News Sentinel reports the "Don't Say Gay" bill will won't come back up though. The House met in an 11-minute floor session yesterday evening to hold a procedural vote on a constitutional amendment to allow veterans groups to hold charitable lotteries. Lawmakers hope to conclude the session today.