Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Tue May 1, 2012
Tennessee Lawmakers Try to Adjourn Again
Heavy debate on a series of bills in the Tennessee House has delayed the conclusion of the General Assembly. The chamber recessed after 10:00 last night, but is scheduled to return at 8:00 this morning. Republican House Speaker Beth Harwell says the early start should give lawmakers every chance to conclude their business by the end of the day. The lower chamber had more than 45 bills remaining on its calendar, including a measure to require drug testing for welfare recipients and a proposed overhaul of the Tennessee Regulatory Authority. The legislature met it’s chief responsibility yesterday giving final approval to the state's annual spending plan.