Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Tue May 1, 2012
Tennessee Lawmakers Try to Adjourn Again
Heavy debate on a series of bills in the Tennessee House has delayed the conclusion of the General Assembly. The chamber recessed after 10:00 last night, but is scheduled to return at 8:00 this morning. Republican House Speaker Beth Harwell says the early start should give lawmakers every chance to conclude their business by the end of the day. The lower chamber had more than 45 bills remaining on its calendar, including a measure to require drug testing for welfare recipients and a proposed overhaul of the Tennessee Regulatory Authority. The legislature met it’s chief responsibility yesterday giving final approval to the state's annual spending plan.