Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Fri April 27, 2012
Tennessee House Approves Spending Plan
The Tennessee House has passed Governor Bill Haslam's $30.4 billion dollar spending plan after rejecting several efforts to restore programs and make a greater reduction in the state's sales tax on groceries. The chamber voted 66-30 yesterday to pass the bill. Approval was delayed by more than an hour by a spirited debate over Haslam's plan to close a Youth Development Center in Bledsoe County. But after a break - and heavy lobbying by Republican leaders and Haslam staffers - the chamber moved on. The Senate has yet to vote on its version of the spending plan.