Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon November 12, 2012
Tennessee Governor Wraps Up Budget Hearings
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam wraps up budget hearings for fiscal year 2013-2014 tomorrow. Despite improving state revenues, Haslman has asked state departments to develop plans for a fallback 5 percent spending cut.
Agencies scheduled to meet on the hearings’ last day include TennCare, the Department of Correction and Higher Education. The hearings began last Tuesday. You can view the proceedings online at www.tn.gov.