Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Murray State’s Next President Says University Discussing Short, Long Term Roles with Mid-Continent
Fri October 18, 2013
Tennessee Governor Sets Up Judicial Nominating Panel
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam issued an executive order creating a judicial nominating panel to fill vacancies left after fellow Republican legislators let the Judicial Nominating Commission expire in June.
Haslam says the new panel was necessary to sustain the judicial branch. Attorney General Bob Cooper said last week that the governor still has the power to fill judicial vacancies despite the nomination commission’s end. The 11 members with unexpired terms from the old commission will continue to serve on the Governor’s Commission for Judicial Appointment. Haslam will appoint the remaining six.