Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 26, 2012
Tennessee Early Voting Turnout Strong
State election officials say Tennessee voters are continuing to make a strong turnout for early voting in the November 6 election. Turnout Wednesday topped 100,000 voters. Figures posted yesterday afternoon on the Division of Elections website said the statewide total of voters who have already cast was just under 731,000. The early voting period began October 17 and ends November 1. During the last presidential election in 2008, more than 1.5 million Tennesseans cast ballots during early voting. That was about 58 percent of all ballots cast in that election.