Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Mon August 13, 2012
Tennessee Dove Season Land Lease
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency wants to lease fields for the upcoming mourning dove season. The standard leased field is one on which grain or millet has been harvested. TWRA pays $75 per acre, up to 40 acres, for a maximum of $3,000. Fields must be available for a minimum of three priority hunt dates in September. The fields will be leased by September 1. Landowners interested in leasing fields for the hunts can find the regional numbers for TWRA at its website – tn.gov/twra. TWRA says about 40 thousand hunters bagged about 300-thousand mourning doves last year in Tennessee.