Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri August 3, 2012
Tennessee Democratic Party Disavows Senate Candidate
The Tennessee Democratic Party is disavowing Mark Clayton as their party's U. S. Senate nominee, saying the little-known candidate belongs to a hate group. Clayton, a floor installer, received twice the votes of his nearest competitor in a seven-candidate Democratic primary Thursday.
Clayton would challenge Republican U.S. Sen. Bob Corker. TDP says Clayton is Vice President of a known hate group in Washington, D.C. called Public Advocate of the United States. The organization calls itself a conservative advocacy group, the Southern Poverty Law Center calls the organization an anti-gay hate group.