Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue November 6, 2012
Tennessee Budget Meetings Start this Week
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is starting the annual state budget hearings for the next fiscal year this week in Nashville.
Haslam, Finance and Administration Commissioner Mark Emkes and David Thurman, the state budget director, will preside over the hearings that begin today and will last through next Tuesday. The first day of hearings will cover several different departments, including safety, tourist development, military, veterans’ affairs, agriculture, health, education and environment and conservation.