Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue November 6, 2012
Tennessee Budget Meetings Start this Week
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is starting the annual state budget hearings for the next fiscal year this week in Nashville.
Haslam, Finance and Administration Commissioner Mark Emkes and David Thurman, the state budget director, will preside over the hearings that begin today and will last through next Tuesday. The first day of hearings will cover several different departments, including safety, tourist development, military, veterans’ affairs, agriculture, health, education and environment and conservation.