Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue November 6, 2012
Tennessee Budget Meetings Start this Week
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam is starting the annual state budget hearings for the next fiscal year this week in Nashville.
Haslam, Finance and Administration Commissioner Mark Emkes and David Thurman, the state budget director, will preside over the hearings that begin today and will last through next Tuesday. The first day of hearings will cover several different departments, including safety, tourist development, military, veterans’ affairs, agriculture, health, education and environment and conservation.