Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu August 1, 2013
Tennesseans Prepare for Sales Tax-Free Weekend
Tennessee's seventh annual sales tax holiday is this weekend.
The holiday is intended to lessen school shopping expenses. The state Department of Revenue estimates this year's sales tax holiday will save Tennessee consumers some eight to ten million dollars.
The holiday begins Friday morning and extends until Sunday night.
Tennessee shoppers traditionally pay a 7 percent sales tax on non-food goods. Tax free items this weekend will include clothing and school supplies costing $100 or less per item and computers costing less than $1,500 per item.