Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu November 19, 2009
TennCare May Have to Cut Enrollee Benefits
Nashville, TN – TennCare officials say they will be forced to cut some enrollee benefits if Governor Phil Bredesen asks them to make a 9% reduction in spending. While most agencies have been asked to present plans to cut 6% from their spending for the next budget year, Bredesen has asked them to prepare an additional 3% cut in case economic conditions persist.
TennCare officials say the extra cuts would require changes to benefits, such as a $10,000 annual cap on inpatient care for non-pregnant adults. TennCare director Darin Gordon said that would affect about 5,100 enrollees of the total $1.2 million and save roughly $51 million.