Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon November 19, 2012
Tenn. DCS Works to Recruit Foster Parents
The Tennessee Department of Children’s Services is looking to expand its network of foster homes as need continues to increase. After a decade of steady decreases of children in state custody, Tennessee is beginning to see the number of abused and neglected children grow. The state’s largest provider is Youth Villages, which started a recruitment campaign after researching the demographics of what makes a good foster parent.
The radio and TV spots resulted in a 25 percent increase in inquiries. Recent DCS reforms have helped increase the supply of foster homes by more than 1,000 in the past two years.