Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Roads & Highways
Wed December 19, 2012
TDOT Stops Highway Construction for Holidays
Tennessee’s Department of Transportation is stopping all lane closures on interstates and state highways in expectation of heavy holiday traffic. Almost all construction activity will halt Dec. 22 and resume Jan. 2. Only a few long-term closures will remain between Christmas and New Year’s Day for safety purposes.
TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says the state expects 2 million travelers this holiday season.