Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Roads & Highways
Wed December 19, 2012
TDOT Stops Highway Construction for Holidays
Tennessee’s Department of Transportation is stopping all lane closures on interstates and state highways in expectation of heavy holiday traffic. Almost all construction activity will halt Dec. 22 and resume Jan. 2. Only a few long-term closures will remain between Christmas and New Year’s Day for safety purposes.
TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says the state expects 2 million travelers this holiday season.