Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Roads & Highways
Wed December 19, 2012
TDOT Stops Highway Construction for Holidays
Tennessee’s Department of Transportation is stopping all lane closures on interstates and state highways in expectation of heavy holiday traffic. Almost all construction activity will halt Dec. 22 and resume Jan. 2. Only a few long-term closures will remain between Christmas and New Year’s Day for safety purposes.
TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says the state expects 2 million travelers this holiday season.