Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Roads & Highways
Wed December 19, 2012
TDOT Stops Highway Construction for Holidays
Tennessee’s Department of Transportation is stopping all lane closures on interstates and state highways in expectation of heavy holiday traffic. Almost all construction activity will halt Dec. 22 and resume Jan. 2. Only a few long-term closures will remain between Christmas and New Year’s Day for safety purposes.
TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says the state expects 2 million travelers this holiday season.