Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Mon September 28, 2009
TDOT Lays Out 641 Widening Plans
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – The Tennessee Department of Transportation is preparing to launch a lane widening project on Highway 641 from Paris to the Kentucky state line. The project will eventually expand the roadway to four lanes. The project is divided into four sections, the first is the only to be funded so far. The first section will start in Paris from Rison Street to Smith Heights Road. The Paris Post Intelligencer reports construction may begin by fall 2012.