Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon November 19, 2012
TDOT Halts Lane Closures for Holidays
The Tennessee Department of Transportation is halting all lane closures during the Thanksgiving holiday. Officials say all construction-related lane closures will stop Wednesday at noon and will resume next Monday at 6 a.m. TDOT Commissioner John Schroer says more law enforcement will be on the roads.
About a million Tennessee travelers are expected to be on the road during the holiday.