Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 28, 2012
TDOT Awarded Federal Grant
A $10 million federal grant is allowing the Tennessee Department of Transportation to assist a number of transit agencies across the state. The "State of Good Repair Grant" will be used to replace transit vehicles that have exceeded their use based on years in service or mileage.
TDOT collaborated with 15 transit agencies to get the grant from the Federal Transit Administration. Participating agencies include Jackson Transit Authority, Northwest HRA and First Tennessee H-R-A.