Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri December 28, 2012
TDOT Awarded Federal Grant
A $10 million federal grant is allowing the Tennessee Department of Transportation to assist a number of transit agencies across the state. The "State of Good Repair Grant" will be used to replace transit vehicles that have exceeded their use based on years in service or mileage.
TDOT collaborated with 15 transit agencies to get the grant from the Federal Transit Administration. Participating agencies include Jackson Transit Authority, Northwest HRA and First Tennessee H-R-A.