Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Fri December 28, 2012
TDOT Awarded Federal Grant
A $10 million federal grant is allowing the Tennessee Department of Transportation to assist a number of transit agencies across the state. The "State of Good Repair Grant" will be used to replace transit vehicles that have exceeded their use based on years in service or mileage.
TDOT collaborated with 15 transit agencies to get the grant from the Federal Transit Administration. Participating agencies include Jackson Transit Authority, Northwest HRA and First Tennessee H-R-A.