Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri December 28, 2012
TDOT Awarded Federal Grant
A $10 million federal grant is allowing the Tennessee Department of Transportation to assist a number of transit agencies across the state. The "State of Good Repair Grant" will be used to replace transit vehicles that have exceeded their use based on years in service or mileage.
TDOT collaborated with 15 transit agencies to get the grant from the Federal Transit Administration. Participating agencies include Jackson Transit Authority, Northwest HRA and First Tennessee H-R-A.