Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon September 28, 2009
TCAA Rallies//Trigg Prohibition Vote Tomorrow
By Jacque Day
Cadiz, KY – Trigg County votes tomorrow on whether or not to legalize alcohol sales in its community, and political groups are rallying behind their perspective views. An estimated four hundred people turned out to the Trigg County Recreation Complex north of Cadiz last night to rally against the measure. The Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol hosted the packed event. The nearly three hour long event included speeches, prayers, and performances from different groups from surrounding counties. Hardin Baptist Church pastor Ricky Cunningham delivered the key address. Trigg citizens vote tomorrow on the measure to determine whether the county will, or won't, repeal prohibition.
Tune into All Things Considered this afternoon for an in-depth report on the event.