Most Active Stories
- Murray State Ranked 9th Best Public University in the South
- Paducah Police Chief Responds to Accusations that Officers Used Excessive Force
- MSU Faculty, Students Hold Second Demonstration to Address Issues of Racism
- Paducah Police Release Video of Kester Traffic Stop, No Further Action Warranted
- Missing: Holly Bobo's Remains Found and Identified in Northwest TN
Mon September 28, 2009
TCAA Rallies//Trigg Prohibition Vote Tomorrow
By Jacque Day
Cadiz, KY – Trigg County votes tomorrow on whether or not to legalize alcohol sales in its community, and political groups are rallying behind their perspective views. An estimated four hundred people turned out to the Trigg County Recreation Complex north of Cadiz last night to rally against the measure. The Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol hosted the packed event. The nearly three hour long event included speeches, prayers, and performances from different groups from surrounding counties. Hardin Baptist Church pastor Ricky Cunningham delivered the key address. Trigg citizens vote tomorrow on the measure to determine whether the county will, or won't, repeal prohibition.
Tune into All Things Considered this afternoon for an in-depth report on the event.