Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed June 17, 2009
TCAA Plans to Publish Anti-Prohibition Petition
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, KY – Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol recently voted to acquire a copy of the petition that would bring the county's wet/dry issue to a vote. The group plans to publish those names in the county's weekly newspaper, The Cadiz Record.
TCAA organizer Pastor Bob McIntosh says the group opposes the sale of alcohol because it "leads to destruction" and that holding a vote is an unneeded expense for the county. Anti-prohibition group Grow Trigg is gathering signatures for the petition and argues alcohol sales will help the local economy.