Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Wed June 17, 2009
TCAA Plans to Publish Anti-Prohibition Petition
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, KY – Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol recently voted to acquire a copy of the petition that would bring the county's wet/dry issue to a vote. The group plans to publish those names in the county's weekly newspaper, The Cadiz Record.
TCAA organizer Pastor Bob McIntosh says the group opposes the sale of alcohol because it "leads to destruction" and that holding a vote is an unneeded expense for the county. Anti-prohibition group Grow Trigg is gathering signatures for the petition and argues alcohol sales will help the local economy.