Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed June 17, 2009
TCAA Plans to Publish Anti-Prohibition Petition
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, KY – Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol recently voted to acquire a copy of the petition that would bring the county's wet/dry issue to a vote. The group plans to publish those names in the county's weekly newspaper, The Cadiz Record.
TCAA organizer Pastor Bob McIntosh says the group opposes the sale of alcohol because it "leads to destruction" and that holding a vote is an unneeded expense for the county. Anti-prohibition group Grow Trigg is gathering signatures for the petition and argues alcohol sales will help the local economy.