Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed June 17, 2009
TCAA Plans to Publish Anti-Prohibition Petition
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, KY – Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol recently voted to acquire a copy of the petition that would bring the county's wet/dry issue to a vote. The group plans to publish those names in the county's weekly newspaper, The Cadiz Record.
TCAA organizer Pastor Bob McIntosh says the group opposes the sale of alcohol because it "leads to destruction" and that holding a vote is an unneeded expense for the county. Anti-prohibition group Grow Trigg is gathering signatures for the petition and argues alcohol sales will help the local economy.