Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed June 17, 2009
TCAA Plans to Publish Anti-Prohibition Petition
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, KY – Trigg Citizens Against Alcohol recently voted to acquire a copy of the petition that would bring the county's wet/dry issue to a vote. The group plans to publish those names in the county's weekly newspaper, The Cadiz Record.
TCAA organizer Pastor Bob McIntosh says the group opposes the sale of alcohol because it "leads to destruction" and that holding a vote is an unneeded expense for the county. Anti-prohibition group Grow Trigg is gathering signatures for the petition and argues alcohol sales will help the local economy.