Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon November 12, 2012
TBI Investigating Shooting by Clarksville Police
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into a Saturday incident where Clarksville police shot and killed man outside his home. Police spokesman Jim Knoll says officers responded Saturday night to a man threatening to kill himself, his wife and anyone who tried to enter his home.
Officers were familiar with the man, whose name was not immediately released, and had been to the home before. The residence was known to have a large quantity of weapons inside. Officers were able to speak with the man at first, but he eventually refused to communicate. Then officers heard shots inside the home. The man exited and fired again several times. Officers fired back, striking him. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have not identified the officers involved.