Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon November 12, 2012
TBI Investigating Shooting by Clarksville Police
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into a Saturday incident where Clarksville police shot and killed man outside his home. Police spokesman Jim Knoll says officers responded Saturday night to a man threatening to kill himself, his wife and anyone who tried to enter his home.
Officers were familiar with the man, whose name was not immediately released, and had been to the home before. The residence was known to have a large quantity of weapons inside. Officers were able to speak with the man at first, but he eventually refused to communicate. Then officers heard shots inside the home. The man exited and fired again several times. Officers fired back, striking him. The man was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have not identified the officers involved.