Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu October 24, 2013
TBI To Collect Prescription Drugs
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and law enforcement agencies across the state will be collecting unused prescription medications on Saturday. The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is sponsored by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.
TBI will offer anonymous disposal of the drugs in Martin, Union City and Clarksville from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Other collection sites across the state can be found on the web at www.DEAdiversion.usdoj.gov.
TBI Director Mark Gwyn says Tennessee is facing an epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
According to the TBI, the national drug take-back has collected 2.8 million pounds of prescription medication since its inception.