Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu October 24, 2013
TBI To Collect Prescription Drugs
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and law enforcement agencies across the state will be collecting unused prescription medications on Saturday. The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is sponsored by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.
TBI will offer anonymous disposal of the drugs in Martin, Union City and Clarksville from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Other collection sites across the state can be found on the web at www.DEAdiversion.usdoj.gov.
TBI Director Mark Gwyn says Tennessee is facing an epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
According to the TBI, the national drug take-back has collected 2.8 million pounds of prescription medication since its inception.