Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu October 24, 2013
TBI To Collect Prescription Drugs
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and law enforcement agencies across the state will be collecting unused prescription medications on Saturday. The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is sponsored by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.
TBI will offer anonymous disposal of the drugs in Martin, Union City and Clarksville from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Other collection sites across the state can be found on the web at www.DEAdiversion.usdoj.gov.
TBI Director Mark Gwyn says Tennessee is facing an epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
According to the TBI, the national drug take-back has collected 2.8 million pounds of prescription medication since its inception.