Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 14, 2012
Taylor Accepts Plea Deal in Evrard Murder Case
A McCracken County woman has accepted a plea deal in the 2010 murder of CaSondra Evrard. Jamie Taylor, along with her husband Mark, and daughter Jasmine were charged in the case. The Paducah Sun reports Taylor received two life sentences for kidnapping and murder. The sentences will run concurrent with a five year jail term for tampering with evidence. A judge will officially hand down the sentences after Mark and Jasmine Taylor’s trials.
Evrard disappeared in December 2010 after saying she was going to visit the Taylor home for an ice cream celebration. Evrard’s body was found two days later along the Massac Creek bank, not far from the Taylors’ home.