Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri December 14, 2012
Taylor Accepts Plea Deal in Evrard Murder Case
A McCracken County woman has accepted a plea deal in the 2010 murder of CaSondra Evrard. Jamie Taylor, along with her husband Mark, and daughter Jasmine were charged in the case. The Paducah Sun reports Taylor received two life sentences for kidnapping and murder. The sentences will run concurrent with a five year jail term for tampering with evidence. A judge will officially hand down the sentences after Mark and Jasmine Taylor’s trials.
Evrard disappeared in December 2010 after saying she was going to visit the Taylor home for an ice cream celebration. Evrard’s body was found two days later along the Massac Creek bank, not far from the Taylors’ home.