Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon April 8, 2013
Tax Deadline Approaches, More Filing Online
One week from today is the tax filing deadline. More than one million of the expected 1.8 million Kentucky returns have been filed and processed.
Pamela Trautner in the Kentucky Finance Cabinet said the vast majority of taxpayers are filing their returns electronically.
“Electronic filing has grown in popularity since Kentucky implemented that in 2003,” she said. “I think that year there were 50 percent who filed online. Last year there were 77 percent.”
Trautner says it takes seven to ten days to process electronic returns. The average time to process paper returns is four to six weeks.
You can track your refund online at revenue.ky.gov.