Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon April 8, 2013
Tax Deadline Approaches, More Filing Online
One week from today is the tax filing deadline. More than one million of the expected 1.8 million Kentucky returns have been filed and processed.
Pamela Trautner in the Kentucky Finance Cabinet said the vast majority of taxpayers are filing their returns electronically.
“Electronic filing has grown in popularity since Kentucky implemented that in 2003,” she said. “I think that year there were 50 percent who filed online. Last year there were 77 percent.”
Trautner says it takes seven to ten days to process electronic returns. The average time to process paper returns is four to six weeks.
You can track your refund online at revenue.ky.gov.