Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed January 15, 2014
Sustainable Military Pay Office Gets Grand Opening At Ft. Campbell
A new Fort Campbell Defense Military Pay Office aimed at conserving energy will conduct a grand opening tomorrow at 10 a.m.
Army officials say the new facility will serve as a showcase for sustainability.
The building's design allows the building to reduce energy consumption by approximately 20% a year and it has a number of innovate features that also reduce water use as well.
Additionally, the building consolidates 101st Financial Management Support Unit operations into a single building increasing efficiency in the unit's operations.
Members of the community who wish to attend the ceremony must have a valid photo ID, vehicle registration and insurance to enter the installation.