Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Wed January 15, 2014
Sustainable Military Pay Office Gets Grand Opening At Ft. Campbell
A new Fort Campbell Defense Military Pay Office aimed at conserving energy will conduct a grand opening tomorrow at 10 a.m.
Army officials say the new facility will serve as a showcase for sustainability.
The building's design allows the building to reduce energy consumption by approximately 20% a year and it has a number of innovate features that also reduce water use as well.
Additionally, the building consolidates 101st Financial Management Support Unit operations into a single building increasing efficiency in the unit's operations.
Members of the community who wish to attend the ceremony must have a valid photo ID, vehicle registration and insurance to enter the installation.