Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed January 15, 2014
Sustainable Military Pay Office Gets Grand Opening At Ft. Campbell
A new Fort Campbell Defense Military Pay Office aimed at conserving energy will conduct a grand opening tomorrow at 10 a.m.
Army officials say the new facility will serve as a showcase for sustainability.
The building's design allows the building to reduce energy consumption by approximately 20% a year and it has a number of innovate features that also reduce water use as well.
Additionally, the building consolidates 101st Financial Management Support Unit operations into a single building increasing efficiency in the unit's operations.
Members of the community who wish to attend the ceremony must have a valid photo ID, vehicle registration and insurance to enter the installation.