Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed January 15, 2014
Sustainable Military Pay Office Gets Grand Opening At Ft. Campbell
A new Fort Campbell Defense Military Pay Office aimed at conserving energy will conduct a grand opening tomorrow at 10 a.m.
Army officials say the new facility will serve as a showcase for sustainability.
The building's design allows the building to reduce energy consumption by approximately 20% a year and it has a number of innovate features that also reduce water use as well.
Additionally, the building consolidates 101st Financial Management Support Unit operations into a single building increasing efficiency in the unit's operations.
Members of the community who wish to attend the ceremony must have a valid photo ID, vehicle registration and insurance to enter the installation.