Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed January 15, 2014
Sustainable Military Pay Office Gets Grand Opening At Ft. Campbell
A new Fort Campbell Defense Military Pay Office aimed at conserving energy will conduct a grand opening tomorrow at 10 a.m.
Army officials say the new facility will serve as a showcase for sustainability.
The building's design allows the building to reduce energy consumption by approximately 20% a year and it has a number of innovate features that also reduce water use as well.
Additionally, the building consolidates 101st Financial Management Support Unit operations into a single building increasing efficiency in the unit's operations.
Members of the community who wish to attend the ceremony must have a valid photo ID, vehicle registration and insurance to enter the installation.