Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
Fri January 4, 2013
Suspected TN Fraud Can Be Reported Online
Tennesseans suspecting fraud, waste or abuse of public funds in state government can now report their suspicions online. The state Comptroller's office has provided a toll-free telephone hotline for reporting suspected fraud, waste and abuse since 1983. During that time, the hotline has received more than 17,000 calls.
The General Assembly expanded the Advocacy for Honest and Appropriate Government Spending Act last year to allow online reporting as well. Reports can be made anonymously.