Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Fri January 4, 2013
Suspected TN Fraud Can Be Reported Online
Tennesseans suspecting fraud, waste or abuse of public funds in state government can now report their suspicions online. The state Comptroller's office has provided a toll-free telephone hotline for reporting suspected fraud, waste and abuse since 1983. During that time, the hotline has received more than 17,000 calls.
The General Assembly expanded the Advocacy for Honest and Appropriate Government Spending Act last year to allow online reporting as well. Reports can be made anonymously.