Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu December 4, 2008
Suspect Shoots Himself During Arrest
By Angela Hatton
Cadiz, KY – Police say a Hopkinsville man suspected of stealing duck decoys fatally shot himself after fleeing from a sheriff's deputy. Trigg County Sheriff Randy Clark says deputies got a complaint about two men trying to break into duck blinds to steal decoys on Lake Barkley. Clark tells the Paducah Sun that deputy Kenneth Butts went to investigate and found 27-year-old Josh Liebe and another man on the lake. Clark says Butts took away their guns, took control of their boat and began taking it back to shore. As they neared land, Clark says, Liebe jumped out of the boat, grabbed a gun and shot himself. Trigg County Coroner John Mark Vinson says Liebe died later Wednesday afternoon. He was the son of former Hopkinsville Mayor Rich Liebe. Trigg County and Kentucky State Police officials declined to comment further on the case.