Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 23, 2012
Suspect in Fort Campbell Shooting in Custody
By Todd Hatton
Murray, KY – Military police at Fort Campbell have taken a soldier into custody after shots were fired at the Army post on the Kentucky-Tennessee border. Fort Campbell spokesman Rick Rzepka told The Associated Press that no one was injured in the shooting. Rzepka says Spc. Larry William Reed was taken into custody after several witnesses said he shot at a vehicle Saturday night in a residential area on post. Rzepka said no one in the vehicle was injured. He said Reed has been charged with two counts of attempted murder and will be taken to the Christian County jail. He did not have further details on the shooting, saying an investigation is ongoing. He did not know whether Reed had an attorney.