Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed December 26, 2012
Stumbo: Short Session Doesn't Allow for Many Drastic Actions
As another legislative session looms, House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he doesn’t expect many recently-discussed reforms to become law. With pension and tax reforms on the table, and gambling and other perennial issues the topic of much conversation, lawmakers' plates will be full.
But odd-year sessions last only 30 days, and Stumbo says that limits how many bills can be debated and passed.
“So it’s not likely that large scale controversial type legislation will be adopted," said Stumbo.
The 2013 session begins on January 8.