Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Wed December 26, 2012
Stumbo: Short Session Doesn't Allow for Many Drastic Actions
As another legislative session looms, House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he doesn’t expect many recently-discussed reforms to become law. With pension and tax reforms on the table, and gambling and other perennial issues the topic of much conversation, lawmakers' plates will be full.
But odd-year sessions last only 30 days, and Stumbo says that limits how many bills can be debated and passed.
“So it’s not likely that large scale controversial type legislation will be adopted," said Stumbo.
The 2013 session begins on January 8.