Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Mon January 28, 2013
Stumbo Pushes for Redistricting
Despite a request from Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear to put off redistricting until later this year, state House Speaker Greg Stumbo is moving forward with getting proposals on the divisive issue.
Stumbo sent a letter to House members asking them to submit proposed boundaries for new legislative districts by February 1. Stumbo says after the proposals come in, lawmakers will decide whether to try to tackle the issue during this year's General Assembly. Beshear said delaying the redistricting issue will allow lawmakers more time to reform the state's pension program for government retirees as well as the state's tax code.