Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon January 28, 2013
Stumbo Pushes for Redistricting
Despite a request from Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear to put off redistricting until later this year, state House Speaker Greg Stumbo is moving forward with getting proposals on the divisive issue.
Stumbo sent a letter to House members asking them to submit proposed boundaries for new legislative districts by February 1. Stumbo says after the proposals come in, lawmakers will decide whether to try to tackle the issue during this year's General Assembly. Beshear said delaying the redistricting issue will allow lawmakers more time to reform the state's pension program for government retirees as well as the state's tax code.