Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon January 28, 2013
Stumbo Pushes for Redistricting
Despite a request from Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear to put off redistricting until later this year, state House Speaker Greg Stumbo is moving forward with getting proposals on the divisive issue.
Stumbo sent a letter to House members asking them to submit proposed boundaries for new legislative districts by February 1. Stumbo says after the proposals come in, lawmakers will decide whether to try to tackle the issue during this year's General Assembly. Beshear said delaying the redistricting issue will allow lawmakers more time to reform the state's pension program for government retirees as well as the state's tax code.