Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Tue June 12, 2012
Storms Bring Needed Rain
Strong storms that passed through our region yesterday brought some much-needed rain, but caused little damage.
The late afternoon storms dropped anywhere from over a tenth of an inch to almost four tenths of an inch of rain according to National Weather Services officials in Paducah. NWS meteorologists also say winds gusted yesterday between fifty and sixty miles an hour. The Paducah Sun reports damage was confined to downed trees in most western Kentucky counties. Calloway County saw several power outages, including one that knocked out service of about half of the city of Murray.