Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue June 12, 2012
Storms Bring Needed Rain
Strong storms that passed through our region yesterday brought some much-needed rain, but caused little damage.
The late afternoon storms dropped anywhere from over a tenth of an inch to almost four tenths of an inch of rain according to National Weather Services officials in Paducah. NWS meteorologists also say winds gusted yesterday between fifty and sixty miles an hour. The Paducah Sun reports damage was confined to downed trees in most western Kentucky counties. Calloway County saw several power outages, including one that knocked out service of about half of the city of Murray.