Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 12, 2012
Storms Bring Needed Rain
Strong storms that passed through our region yesterday brought some much-needed rain, but caused little damage.
The late afternoon storms dropped anywhere from over a tenth of an inch to almost four tenths of an inch of rain according to National Weather Services officials in Paducah. NWS meteorologists also say winds gusted yesterday between fifty and sixty miles an hour. The Paducah Sun reports damage was confined to downed trees in most western Kentucky counties. Calloway County saw several power outages, including one that knocked out service of about half of the city of Murray.