Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue June 12, 2012
Storms Bring Needed Rain
Strong storms that passed through our region yesterday brought some much-needed rain, but caused little damage.
The late afternoon storms dropped anywhere from over a tenth of an inch to almost four tenths of an inch of rain according to National Weather Services officials in Paducah. NWS meteorologists also say winds gusted yesterday between fifty and sixty miles an hour. The Paducah Sun reports damage was confined to downed trees in most western Kentucky counties. Calloway County saw several power outages, including one that knocked out service of about half of the city of Murray.